News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Yes, here's a link to an article that explains how to remove the wheel without any special tools, and it protects your horn wire insulator.

http://www.1949cadillac.com/category/interior/steering-wheel/

The article is showing a 49 model, but it should also apply to the 58 as well.
 Hope this helps.

Rick
Quote from: Daffer on Yesterday at 09:53:39 PMHey everyone I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem, my dome light switch in my 1950 cadillac series 62 stopped working when I open the back doors it turns on but when I use the interior switch nothing! I tried turning the bulb thinking maybe one cobtact is burnt out since its double contact signal filament but nothing! What could be the problem or how can I figure this one out? Thank you

-Joshua

Someone else was just going through this very same problem on a 51 I think it was.
Anyway, if the light comes on with any of your switches, then it's got power to the bulb, the bulb is good, and at least one of those switches is good.
Your switches are the ground circuit for the courtesy lights. If one, or more, is inoperative, you need to check to see if you have voltage at the switch, and if so, try grounding the wire. The light should come on. If it does, then it's the switch that needs attention, either cleaning or replacing.
If you do not have voltage at the switch, then your wire is not connected at some point in the circuit, usually its at a junction where multiple wires are tied together where they branch out to the individual switches. Most of these junctions are in the middle of this harness along the floor, but you should look at the schematic for your vehicle to see if it indicates where exactly that might be.
What may have happened is water has gotten into the harness somehow and the connection/junction has corroded, and the current will cause the wire to burn in half. The corrosion causes resistance and that will eventually cause you problems.

Then for the headlight switch, do as Michael mentioned and you should find the fault.

Good luck with your car, I hope you locate the problem.

Rick
Good afternoon everyone I need some help. I need to send my steering wheel and it looks like the horn wire is in the way and I don't know how to remove it. Does anybody have a clue how to remove the horn wire without cutting it?

This is for a 1958 Cadillac Deville series 62
General Discussion / Re: Antifreeze lifespan
Last post by Cadman-iac - Today at 07:40:01 PM
It's no wonder why I'm confused about how long the antifreeze will last.
I found an old container from probably 7 or 8 years ago and this is what it looks like.

20240503_163158.jpg

Then I grabbed this one off my shelf, I got it probably 2 years ago.

20240503_163339.jpg

And here's what I picked up today.

20240503_163516.jpg

See any difference?

And they only had 3 gallons today, said they were reformulating the product and would have it by next Friday.
So I wonder if it will be good for 20 years and 500,000 miles?

Honestly I think they just change the labels so they can justify jacking the price up.
Anyone know anything about this?

Question, does the PH level tell you anything about what temperature, high or low, the antifreeze protects to, or just the acidity?
 I have one of those testers that draws the fluid up and the needle points to whatever your protection level is. This isn't the same thing right?

Rick
I'd look at the headlight switch. If it's like my 60, and I think it is, there is a contact when you turn the knob all the way to the left. If it is  corroded or damaged your lights won't work.  Also check the wiring contacts to the switch.  They can be Corroded too, and a good cleaning could fix it. I hope this helps.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1953 Eldorado barn find, t...
Last post by Dave Ventresca - Today at 06:15:43 PM
looks like the brake fluid took a toll on the rockers .which most likely means the car is all original.  Dave
I'm with you Steve.....I just asked the seller for some more pictures, interior, cowl ID tag, trunk, motor and around the car...etc...

I also asked if they have come up with an asking price....since they said the 99K wasn't a real number....

I'll keep you posted as to what I get.

Mike
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1953 Eldorado barn find, t...
Last post by 59-in-pieces - Today at 04:45:47 PM
Has anybody been able to make contact to get more info.

I'm ignorant about Facebook an computers generally outside typing these messages on the forum, even with Mike helping me.

More help with info would be appreciated - unless this is a scam ???

Have fun,
Steve B.
General Discussion / Re: Whats Up With Ebay
Last post by dn010 - Today at 03:40:14 PM
It is the keyword spammers who add the entire dictionary to every section they can who ruin a simple search for the rest of us. Of course eBay doesn't offer an easier method of searching title only, you can still put a search in quotes but if the seller does not have it listed exactly how you have it quoted, you'll get 0 results. I like to report the worst offenders for keyword spamming. I am sure it won't do much but it makes me feel a little better after sending 4-5 of them for eBay review.
General Discussion / Re: Antifreeze lifespan
Last post by Cadman-iac - Today at 02:11:44 PM
 Sorry TJ, I didn't look back far enough in the thread. I saw your mention of the strips glancing back at the posts. I should have gone a bit farther and I would have seen that it was Mike Josephic.
 I have 2 other vehicles that are not finished yet but have antifreeze in them that I need to check now. I put new stuff in both years ago and left them sit thinking that they would be fine if not used.
 Hopefully I don't find a big problem with either of them. Both are SBC with aluminum intake manifolds and copper radiators. Fortunately neither has a battery in it, so no current flowing to add to the problem.
 Getting old sucks!!