News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1958 Cadillac horn wire removal

Started by Vania Stepani, May 03, 2024, 07:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vania Stepani

Good afternoon everyone I need some help. I need to send my steering wheel and it looks like the horn wire is in the way and I don't know how to remove it. Does anybody have a clue how to remove the horn wire without cutting it?

This is for a 1958 Cadillac Deville series 62

Cadman-iac

Yes, here's a link to an article that explains how to remove the wheel without any special tools, and it protects your horn wire insulator.

http://www.1949cadillac.com/category/interior/steering-wheel/

The article is showing a 49 model, but it should also apply to the 58 as well.
 Hope this helps.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

dn010

It can also be done if you're using a puller by placing a socket upside down on top of the large nut and having the puller engage the socket. The socket should be large enough to fit over the steering shaft but small enough to fit on top of the large nut. Before doing that, I took the large nut off and used a grinder to cut the screw slots in the nut. Beats using a file.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean