News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

CAUTION - BEWARE Popper Kuhn..Ever Heard of Him? CAUTION - BEWARE

Started by carlhungness, July 14, 2021, 12:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlhungness

Anyone in the club ever heard of Popper Kuhn, e mail popperkuhnemail addresses not permitted
He responded to my request for horns and immediately asked what my location was.
I wanted to tell him I was sitting in front of my computer, but didn't. I did write back to him and asked him pricing, asked him to call me, with no response. Thus we may have another scammer. I can't make an accusation for sure, but he's raised my eyebrows.

The Tassie Devil(le)

CAUTION  BEWARE

This person is the subject of another Member notifying the Webmaster of a possible Spammer, so please be very careful with dealing with this person.

At this stage, it is difficult to check, as he hasn't joined as a Member, but the person who is mentioning him has been banned, as his IP address was in 3 different Countries.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

carlhungness

He just sent me photos of a trumpet horn, and I had previously asked him for a price, which he did not include in the second e mail, so I think he's a scammer. I won't send him any money.

Jay Friedman

I advertised on the parts wanted section of the forum that I wanted a certain part.  He answered and said he had it.  I looked in the club directory to see if he was a member.  When I didn't see his name, I was immediately suspicious and did not reply to him.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

carlhungness

He tells me he has a horn, did not give me a price, I asked why, he said, "You didn't ask about price" which I did ask..now he's hassling me.

Dave Shepherd

carlhungness

When one thinks about it, telling someone they are, whatever, just might
backfire in the rare circumstance the person is actually disturbed. I did let this man know some of us in the Cad club are wary of him, but that probably wasn't a great idea. It felt a bit good to uncover a scammer, but we never know just how far a disturbed person might go for revenge. I think it might be best for me to keep my emotions in check so as not to attract any physical incidents. I've dealt with 4-6 of these clowns in the past few years and I think I should tone down my own responses when I find out what they're trying to do.

Dave Shepherd

Jim Miller

I had put out a request for a 1953 cam and received a response from a legitimate CLC member, and we talked on the phone. BUT, I also received a message from a Karljoues0 that I should contact popper and gave a gmail address. I did not respond.
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX