News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Built CADILLAC tough!

Started by Rhino 21150, April 22, 2005, 10:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

GREENSBORO  An 85-year-old Greensboro man crashed his Cadillac through a vacant vehicle dealership Thursday afternoon along Tri-City Boulevard.

Gerald Singer faces careless and reckless driving charges following the 2:45 p.m. accident, police said. No one was injured.

Singer said he was driving his Cadillac through the back parking lot of the Nissan dealership that faces West Wendover Avenue when his brakes failed.

The car accelerated up a small embankment, through a chain-linked fence, into the south wall of the former Triad Power Sports building, through a cinder block wall inside and out the building?s north wall.

Thats where Singer stopped.

"He did a good job of going through the building, missing most of the pillars and support beams," said Greensboro police officer Tom Wilmoth. "He had to be moving pretty good."
Greensboro News and Record (Excuse and Wretched), 4-22-05

Sue

The article doesnt say what year Cadillac he was driving.  

Was it a late 1970s Eldorado?  

You could run those cars into brick walls and come out the winner.  

PLUS you were very comfortable when you hit that brick wall. Just like driving your living room couch down the street.  

Safety AND comfort!  My kind of car.

George

I wonder if he will be parting it out, I could do with a tail light.

Rhino 21150

I WORK FOR that blasted newspaper and couldnt get any contact info! Im not interested in giving the GPD five bucks for the report.