News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

built CADILLAC tough, again.

Started by Rhino 21150, April 28, 2005, 03:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

Im sure everyone on this board with very few exceptions LOATHES the Cimarron. A couple of weeks back I saw what happens when an Expedition collides with one. Ford loses.
The Cimarron was west bound, slowing to a halt at a red light. Traffic congested on High Point Road since it was lunch time. The east bound Expedition was trying to turn left across three lanes, from the turn lane. Slight opening appears, Expedition pounds the throttle, hits rear of Cimarron at about sixty degrees. SUV proceeds to roll up over the trunk lid of the Micro-Cad and continues rolling. SUV on roof. Little old lady steps out of Micro-Cad and is about to "bless" the driver of SUV. Notes that two occupants in SUV are upside down screaming in pain. Little old lady whips out cell phone.
The driver and passenger of the Cimarron are not hurt, hardly even shaken up. Rear of the car is a mess, but LIMPS OFF roadway under its own power. The driver and passenger of the Expedition were taken away to the hospital unconscious. The Expedition was carted away in small chunks. Destroyed beyond salvaging parts in an accident that took place under TWENTY MILES PER HOUR.
Being the insensitive slob that I am I gave the lady my name as a witness. And I asked her to tell the insurance company I would give them $100 for the Cimarron. And put the front end on my Cavalier WAGON.
I happened to be carrying my camera kit that day. I photographed everything I could, using a 28, 35, 50, 135 and 210mm lenses. The cops demanded the film. I will not likely get my negatives.
Gimme a "Cheapillac" over ANY SUV.

Rhino 21150

This isnt the story about the Caddy that went through the building, its a much worse accident.

Rob Gerace #16100

While you cant really say that one vehicle is safer than another in ANY given crash, some can be very bad in certain situations.  This definitely shows how a large SUVs ability to go over things actually will cause, what would have been a minor accident, to become a major disaster.  

I wouldnt go as far as to say that the Cimarron is a safer vehicle than an Expedition in general, but in this particular case, it worked out that way.

Rob
66 SDV