News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Open carrier transport from calif to florida advice

Started by Jeff Maltby 4194, October 19, 2005, 12:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Maltby 4194

I sold my 1949 61s sedan to a gentlemen in florida. Whom might offer a decent price to transport it across country on an open carrier ?

Thanks in advance.

:<)

Doug Houston

Thats a long haul for carrying a car on an open hauler. Its probably 3000 miles of hazards of pebbles thrown and just road dust washing over the car. I wonder if it might be better to have it carried in  van-type truck.....?

John

Jeff,
 I used Showroom Auto Transport, to move my 59 Sedan deVille from Sacramento to Ft. Lauderdale in March of this year. The cost was $1200 and I instructed the driver to place the car right behind the sleeper of his tractor on the lower rack. This will protect the car from at least a good portion of the elements. Their # is 207-784-5775. Ask for Robert or Ty. If you go with an enclosed carrier contact Horseless Carriage. They are pricey but will treat the car with "kid gloves". I dont have their number offhand, but Google it and it will come up

David #19063

Hello Jeff,

I have had the pleasure in the last two months to have used the serices of Dave Thomas of Paradise Specialized Hauling to ship 3 of my cars.

In September, he is the transporter that shipped my 60 Cadillac Series 62 and 71 Electra 225 Custom 2DHT to the port in New Jersey to ship overseas.  

Then a couple weeks ago, he picked up my wrecked 94 Fleetwood Brougham to take back East to another Cadillac person as a parts car for their identical 94.  Along with my Brougham, he had just picked up a brand new black Escalade EXT from a Cadillac Dealer in Chicago to go to the port in New Jersey to also go overseas.

Dave is very professional with a very quick response time and excellent prices.

Both times he had his 2 car transporter, but he does have other types as well.

I highly recommend him.

Please tell him I sent you as he may be able to work you a better rate if he can.

David
PS.  Although I did not do it, a car cover could be a good idea for a long transport.

David #19063

I forgot the phone numbers.

Paradise Specialized Hauling - Dave Thomas
Cell 717-951-1998
Shop 717-442-6316

Jeff Maltby 4194

John. Just called them. $1600 from calif to florida 7-10 day turn around open carrier.

Jim Govoni

Never, ever cover a car in transport. The cover will beat*****to death and shred. Jim

David #19063

I guess a car cover was not a good idea.  

Thank you for letting me know, Jim, I appreciate that!

Jeff Maltby 4194

Thanks for the replies. The 49 sedan is being shipped from a Washington based transport company for $1000.

Dick Heller

Dependable Auto Shippers, the cheapest quote is when you initiate quote via a car for sale on ebay.

Gary Fisher

What company will transport the car for $1000. ?

I have an unrestored  1949 7519x in PA. that needs to go to CA. I have had bids from $1165.00 to $2800.00  
DAS was the highest. I had an agreement with AAAdvantage and after 6 months they never picked it up.
Gary

David #19063

Hello Gary,

Call Dave at Paradise Specialized Hauling, Paradise, PA.  

I have used him for 3 cars recently, professional service, and quick transport.

Cell 717-951-1998
Shop 717-442-6316

David

Jeff Gibson #22264

I used Thomas Sunday Transport....all of their trucks are enclosed, covered, trucks...very professional driver, and phone help..!!!      on time, courteous, treated my car with kid gloves..literally..the driver wore gloves..!!
My HIGHEST compliments to this company....Philly to Kentucky...3 days...$795.00   a COVERED, enclosed trailer..!