News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I need some color advice

Started by FinCad, October 31, 2015, 06:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Dare I mention the 1956 wheel covers?
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Walter Youshock

Maybe we'll save that for another thread...
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Jon S

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

FinCad

Hi

Anyone having 1957 Car with AMETHYST color ? that looks nice as well. Do you know why in some color chips that is called AMETHYST POLY and in some others AMETHYST IRIDESCENT ? Are those the same or different color ?

Would be nice to see some 57 pics in that color as I only find a few samples from the internet.
Cadillac Eldorado Convertible 1955
Cadillac Eldorado Seville 1957
Cadillac Series 62 "flat top" 1959
Cadillac Eldorado 1967

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Sami,

It’s almost impossible to identify or compare colors using photos; and definitely wrong to try using printed illustrations. I looked through my color and upholstery books and found what I believe is the color combination. The roof appears to be 1976 Cadillac Elk Grain Mahogany Metallic code “M”. The paint appears to be 1975 Cadillac Rosewood code 78. Looking at these two color in sunlight they  are the best match to the pics in the ad you posted.

Both the car in the ad, and the GN picture were originally ’57 Cadillac  Copper Metallic code 98. The ad car shows a good representation of this color on metal interior surfaces. I suggest you purchase a ’75 color paint chart on eBay and look at Rosewood in various light. If you still like it, buy a pint and do a test panel before making your final decision.

HTH,
Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

If colors on the order of those being discussed are appealing to you, 1977 Cadillac "Desert Rose Firemist" Code 99 is another you may want to add to the list of contenders.  A seldom seem 1977 color but very attractive, IMO. 

The later optional Firemist colors basically picked up when the previous "Eldorado" colors left off, therefore the use of one of these colors is all the more appropriate for an Eldorado in my view.   
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

OzellaJT

Hey there,

That's exciting! Choosing the perfect color for your Cadillac can really make it stand out. If Dusty Rose 48A isn't quite hitting the mark, it might be worth exploring other options. Sometimes, the perfect shade isn't on the standard paint charts. Have you considered custom colors or specialty finishes? Either way, I'm sure you'll find the perfect hue to make your Cadillac truly yours.

Best of luck with your search! 🎨🚗