News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

Goodies and a story

Started by Clewisiii, March 02, 2024, 12:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clewisiii

So I went out today to pick up that money clip. The box was Dated Oct 14 1958. At first I thought this might have been a dealership item from the start of sales.

IMG_20240302_115534298.jpg

But this actually came out of the stamping plant. They were cleaning out an office in the plant and this fell out of a desk when they flipped it on its side. An October date would have been to late for a program start for stamping production. So I think this was probably someones anniversary item. More of a wallet size then a simple money clip.
IMG_20240302_115602511.jpgIMG_20240302_115741197.jpg

But the guy was from the stamping plant and he also had ashtrays that they had ran through the presses. I don't smoke but j may have this chrome plated just for show

IMG_20240302_115841216.jpgIMG_20240302_115847359.jpg

"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

The head of GM archives just told me the money clip may have been a suggestion award. He has Buick items like that which were given out in the plant.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Carfreak

At one time we had several dozen of the chrome plated ashtrays but I only a couple remaining.

Cool money clip.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

billyoung

There were items made in different departments. I foolishly sold a miniature of a 429 engine block that was sort of a paper weight that was about 8 inches long and 5 inches wide and also 5 inches tall that was given to me in 1981 by a guy that worked at Clark Street in the early seventies, he had begged it off an Engineer who had it on his desk.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.