News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1950 Paint-Metallic?

Started by Charlie Petty, March 13, 2005, 11:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Petty

Would a 1950 have had metallic paint in a dark blue (dont know name or code yet)?  THANKS.

Doug Houston

The gospel, according to the 51 parts book declare that: Hampden Blue (code 2) and Berkshire Blue (code 5) are metallics, and Corinth Blue (Code 7) is non-metallic. As a rule, the lowest code number blue is the darkest.

davemich

Just repainted my 50 coupe back to original, dark blue. they came out and shot it with a gun to determen the colar and also took the number off the tag no metallic in my paint..Dave

davemich

Just repainted my 50 coupe back to original, dark blue. they came out and shot it with a gun to determen the color and also took the number off the tag no metallic in my paint..Dave