News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Trim Screws for ‘59

Started by Paul, August 22, 2022, 11:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hello. Does anyone know if there is a list or resource to let us know which trim screws are used for the interior and exterior of the '59? I'm noticing many screws that don't quite fit right on my car. I'd like to replace them, but am not sure what goes where or what to buy? Does anyone know of a complete set for sale? Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!
59 Caddy, Seminole Red with Dover White top

fishnjim

Don't waste time looking for that.  I don't even think GM issued them.  They pretty much used the same chrome plated screws for the whole GM line interiors.  If you got the old ones, you can match them but if missing, you're going to have to trial by error.
I bought a parts bin asst'd type kit that has most sizes, but some won't be the same. I also will substitute SS which I have for marine.   Also come in part kits.   Most are
The go to are 'clips and fasteners', 'restoration specialities' and maybe 'Dorman or "Au Ve Co'   All on line.  The body shop places also sell kits.
They're either oval head phillips or washer head typically.

Michael Petti

Don't discount your local hardware store. Ace tends to have screws that would work well and do go for stainless steel.

Seville Life

Sorry I meant to reply to this ages ago. Two great suppliers of screws and all that stuff...

Restoration Specialties in Windber, Pennsylvania - great people had loads of parts of them, and...

Clips & Fasteners in Anaheim, California - treasure trove of things

Paul
Paul Bedford