News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

V12 engine changes

Started by JeffBp, November 30, 2023, 06:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffBp

Can anyone tell me the changes to the V123 engines through the run. Specifically, 1933 to 1936? I have been told there were piston and ring changes? Any other?
And gearbox changes?
Jeff Bidstrup CLC#21668

Warren Rauch #4286

The question is a little to broad to answer. The best would be to go through the parts book line for line.
    Hollander Interchange manual lists Engines 31-35 and 36-37 as different. Cyl heads 31-early33 and late33-37 , connecting rods a change in pin diameter  in 1932.  The transmissions for all models 31-35, some to 37   basic the same ,but different main shafts ,clusters,  etc.And cases did change.

Reprint parts books are easy to get. It is what I would do.  Warren