News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

'67 Climate control duct sensor.

Started by Julien Abrahams, June 21, 2014, 07:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julien Abrahams

hey guys,
I'm looking for a '67 climate control duct sensor or any tips to replace that with. Where these used on more Cadillacs/Gm products? The duct sensor has a temperature dependent variable resistance that varies its resistance with regard to the temperature from about 90 Ohms at 0 degrees F to about 35 Ohms at 120 degrees F. Ideally a replacement sensor (from a scrapper?) would be great.
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Julien,
From reading your posts it seems you have taken the time to study your system and ap   ll the components to understand how it all works.  I am glad to see that. It seems like many folks just want short cuts. Back to your question I would try Old Aire and see if they can help.  If that fails try the Cadillac specialty wrecking yards. I think you would have a difficult time finding a thermistor (resister that varies with temperature) with the proper curve. You could just insert a resistor having the same resistance your curve how's (am 2 weeks away from home and my manuals). I believe you could adjust your temperature control dial to end up with satisfactory performance.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

cadillactim

I have reconditioned duct sensors. You can call me at 864-352-3306 or email me at tagroves@wctel.net

Tim
Tim Groves

Julien Abrahams

Thanks Greg, I do my best to do a good job and I like to understand how things work. I believe that I must first understand how it once worked, to diagnose what the problem could be and then see if I can fix it or have come up with a reasonable alternative. It is actually the thermistor which has just broken. I'll go to a local Radio Shack to look for a temperature sensitive resistor with a similar resistance curve and see how that goes. I'm not aiming for a perfectly working but a reasonably working system. :).
1954 Cadillac series 62
1967 Cadillac Sedan De Ville HT
1969 Austin Healey Sprite
1979 Opel Kadett

n2caddies

Consider purchasing Cadillac Tim's climate control manual for a complete step by step approach to diagnosing and repairing that system.
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX