News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

McMaster Carr

Started by Rossoroo, May 04, 2024, 05:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossoroo

Does anyone know of a hardware supplier similar to McMaster-Carr?
I have bought hardware etc. through them in the past. A couple of years ago I had a ordered cancelled for no other reason than I was a Canadian resident. I pay in US funds and have a ship point in Washington state.
I took them to task yesterday to try to get an answer as to why they will sell to anyone else in the lower 48. Every other US company I've dealt with does not have an issue with where the billing address is and most will gladly ship where ever you ask. I reiterated that I pay in USD and they ship to a US address what could the problem be.
I'm Canadian is problem apparently. Blatant discrimination, you bet.
Anyways I'd like to move on and hope that businesses run by people like that get what's coming to them.
But I am looking for a business with an extensive hardware inventory like theirs.
Any suggestions?
49-6269 My First Caddy

David King (kz78hy)

David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Lexi

Quote from: Rossoroo on May 04, 2024, 05:29:48 PMDoes anyone know of a hardware supplier similar to McMaster-Carr?
I have bought hardware etc. through them in the past. A couple of years ago I had a ordered cancelled for no other reason than I was a Canadian resident. I pay in US funds and have a ship point in Washington state.
I took them to task yesterday to try to get an answer as to why they will sell to anyone else in the lower 48. Every other US company I've dealt with does not have an issue with where the billing address is and most will gladly ship where ever you ask. I reiterated that I pay in USD and they ship to a US address what could the problem be.
I'm Canadian is problem apparently. Blatant discrimination, you bet.
Anyways I'd like to move on and hope that businesses run by people like that get what's coming to them.
But I am looking for a business with an extensive hardware inventory like theirs.
Any suggestions?

If what you reported is accurate, that sounds nuts on their part. They shouldn't care about your nationality. They should be happy to have you as a customer. Take your business elsewhere. Clay/Lexi