News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Front seat re-mounting position

Started by Steve W, July 31, 2023, 06:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W

So I was out for a little cruise the other day, pulled into get some gas, and as I was filling up, a rather tall-ish man (maybe 6'2"?) asked me how tall I was. I replied "about 6'5", and he said "well, I'm not that tall, but I have a '66 Cadillac I'm fixing up, and I'm surprized at the lack of legroom that car has, and I wondered how YOU fit".

I told him I felt the same way when I first got my car, but through my decades of owning classic cars, I always took my cars to a shop and had bars bolted, or welded, in that would allow me to relocate my seat farther back. (my 68 Camaro, my 66 GTO, my 65 T-Bird).

BUT, in the case of my Cadillac, I read in the service manual that Cadillac has two sets of mounting holes so that the dealer can adjust the seat to fit just about anyone, and that I had re-mounted my seat to the holes furthest back, and that, along with the 6 way power seat adjusted, was just about perfect! He said he never knew that, and did I think his '66 had that feature? I told him I honestly didn't know. But it made me curious.

When did Cadillac start this feature, and when did it end?
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

Clewisiii

For 1961 the body has one set of holes. But the seat riser foot has two.  Interesting that only one set id oversized.IMG_20230731_184445864.jpgIMG_20230731_184630664.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering