News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

FIV 350 oldsmobile

Started by Slicktyrone, January 17, 2024, 09:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slicktyrone

So I have a 1978 EFI Seville that is having Fast Idle Valve issues. I tried the dime method described by Bruce in the forum and it worked out terrific but after a month of driving the plastic assembly that turns and locks everything in place cracked and broke. I saw in a older Forum post with someone 3D printing and wanted to buy one from him but didnt see how to get in touch with him. Im also not opposed to just plugging the hole and doing away with it. Currently I just have the plunger just sitting in the hole by itself which gives me very low idle at cold start but it doesn't stall because the temp in Texas doest get to low. I need a permanent fix to plug it. Vacuum sometimes pushes plunger out and puts me in full throttle which is a crazy dangerous.

Tim Eniola

bcroe

You might get one from Scott Kent, email me at bcroe@juno.com
and I will send you contact info.
Bruce Roe