News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Duel Exhaust - was it standard?

Started by Patrick Fant, February 13, 2024, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Fant

I finally realized that my 1956 Series 62 4-dr sedan (w/AC) probably came with duel exhaust.  It only has a single exhaust pipe now. Somewhere over the years it was changed.  I want to put it back to the way it came originally and also help get that exhaust out easier, maybe improve performance.  Thinking about ordering the duel system from Classic Exhaust that I just found here on this site.  I think my pipes are not in the best condition anyway. Anyone have any recommendations on this or suggestions?  Trying to find one more thing to spend money on with this car. pf
Patrick Fant
Houston
CLC #31723

Cadillac Jack 82

56 would have been dual exhaust.  Waldrons makes a perfect example but their lead time is massive at the moment.
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Bob Kielar

I second Waldrons. You can order stainless or steel with or without resonators. Just remember to drill a small hole at the lowest point of the resonator after mounting so condensation will drip out.

Keep Cruzin,
Bob
Keep Cruzin
1955 Cadillac Fleetwood

Patrick Fant

Thanks for the great suggestion about Waldrons.  They have the whole system ready to go out in a box.  Amazing! pat
Patrick Fant
Houston
CLC #31723

Clewisiii

I ordered my complete exhaust from waldrons. I was actually surprised how easily everything he made fell into place.

I drove to their shop in the middle of Amish country in southern Michigan. I think the owner may actually be part of the community. He had two tube bending machines and racks of many original exhaust tubes that he used as his patterns to make the pipes.

How he can make something so accurate with those compound bends and welding impresses me.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering