News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59-60 Engine Bolt ID Help

Started by 60eldo, February 23, 2024, 05:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Can anyone tell me what these bolts go into. I think the 60 engine but Im not sure. Especally the 5.5 inch one on the right with a point on the end.
Jon. Kluczynski

David King (kz78hy)

maybe the valley pan cover, there is long special one that connects the draft tube & valley pan cover at the rear.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

60eldo

Dave I think that one is thinner, but ur right the bolt ur talking about also has a pointy end and is long, mine has the width of a head bolt
Jon. Kluczynski

59-in-pieces

Jon,

I agree with David, as they are the only bolts that I recall that have pointed ends to help them start to thread, when you are blind once they go through the valley pan to mount it to the engine.

I posted a couple of pics to help identify where the shorter ones go and the longer in the back (draft tube - correct title), don't forget the washers, one each.

Hope they help.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

60eldo

Valley pan bolt on the bottom, big difference. I know Ive seen this bolt on the top some where before, but cant place it. It will not fit into the heads, so its larger in diameter.  Larger than a head bolt.
Jon. Kluczynski

David King (kz78hy)

The shorter one resembles a head bolt.  Now that I'm looking at the longer one again, I think it goes to something else.  The long one appears to be a 12 point and I can't remember any spot a 12 point is used.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region