News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 eldorado front buckets

Started by Jon Sweningson, February 17, 2006, 11:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Sweningson

Hi!  I own a 1970 eldorado with 20,800 miles on it that has front bucket seats with center console.  My local Cadillac expert told me that it was not available as an option...I know it was, but I have never seen a 1967-1970 Eldorado with front bucket seats...any idea how rare or any info on them.    Also, does anyone else have this option on their eldorado during these years...Thanks!!   Jon

Andrew 10638

I think in 1969 and 1970 the buckets were only available on the Eldo.  The split bench, which would replace the bucket seat set-up, was first offered on the 69-70 Deville, and I believe they dropped the bucket on that body style.  Do a search, I think this has been covered before!

Also, anyone with a salesman data book could confirm.

Wish I could be helpful.

Jon Sweningson

Hi!  Well I did a search and could find nothing but info on a 1963 DeVille.   My data plate trim code says S342  does this mean special order?   I would assume this...Funny thing on my car-has every option but Power door locks...go figure!

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

I had bucket seats and console in 1968 Eldorado, Shalimar Gold with beige leather interior.

Jon Sweningson

Great!   I finally found someone else!!!  Do you know how rare it is?   Was yours special ordered?    I am amazed at the lack of info on these cars out there.  If we were dealing with another GM car the info would be all over the internet and books.   Also curious what your trim code is?  Jon

Jon Sweningson

Ok, Does anyone know what the trim code S452 mean?

wm link

Ive run accross two sets in Junk yards...both leather, one gold and the other black. I did purchase and resell them, so they are around somewhere.

Bob Hoffmann CLC #96

What color is your interior? White?  Is it possible that the S is actually a B? Bob

Jon Sweningson

Yes, Its a S452 And I have now been told that it denotes Special order White Leather with Black trim...Exactly what I have, so I guess my questions have mostly been answered.   It also sounds like it may not be that rare, but I guess it had to be special ordered to get the bucket seats...Rare enough for me.   I wonder how many people special ordered back then...today it is very rare!  Thanks!  Jon

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Jon,

These days, car makers only sell what their colour coordinators and colour consultants tell them what is the fashion colour at the time.

If Black comes back in, then everything will be black.

The designers decided that two-tone was a thing of the past, so now it is hard to buy a two-tone car.   Plus, the lines of cars these days dont lend themselves to simple two-tones.

The arty-farty types like the beiges, creams, etc, but those colours are so in at the moment.

One day, another fresh bunch of designers might like rainbow or piebald, so maybe we should be talking to the makers to give us what we want, not want they think we should have.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV.  White over red with red and white interior.

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Jon, now that youve revealed some of the details of this low mileage milestone Eldorado, what is the color combination? Is there an interesting story behind this low mileage beauty? It sounds like it must be one of the finest survivors of the sought-after 70 Eldorado model--always one of my favorites. Best wishes for safe and enjoyable motoring!

Jon Sweningson

As of this writing the odometer is at 20,820 miles.  It still has the original spark plug wires on it.  7 have date coded 4Q-69 and 1 has 1Q-70  according to the tag on the door it was produced 1/70...so I guess they ran out of wires when this one came down the line ;)  anyway, it is Aqua firemist with white vinyl top and white leather.  It has been sitting in a barn since 1984 since the original owner died then and the family only drove trucks and had no use for this gas-hog, so it just sat.    The bad is it needs a paint...lots of spider rust on the car from the moisture, but the top, interior and mechanical is like new (although, I lost the water pump and brakes on the drive home...that was adventure!).   The chrome and trim is like new (protected by mold...nasty when I first saw it).    Everything still works and have the Protecto-plate.  Im still looking for the build sheet...not under the seats!   I plan on restoring it in the manner it deserves and only driving it 1-2,000 miles a year.  Who knows what it is worth...I think these cars will go up someday, but Im doing this out of a love for a piece of history!     One question...should I get the water pump and brakes booster/master rebuilt to keep the part #s correct or does anyone really care???  Worth it?