News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / 74 Eldorado, convertible shou...
Last post by danjarrett1 - Today at 01:01:56 PM
Top has been a little slow coming up, lubed, good motor, good relay. Noticed a fair amount of shank showing in the shoulder bolts that carry the lion's share of the weight on this heavy contraption. We attached photos of the areas of concern. What I do not know....and can't find any evidence whatsoever of how it should be, ....is this normal "play" in the shoulder bolt...or not?
I will try to attach a pic for your review. Several places where there is a gap between structure and the hood skin
General Discussion / Re: Wiring
Last post by "Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364 - Today at 11:52:26 AM
Pardon my ignorance but why on earth would you put a 368 into a car that had a 425 in it. You are going to end up with a vastly under powered car and the mileage will probably be worse, since the 368 is going to have to work a lot harder than the original engine?
Greg Surfas
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 11:26:57 AM
I am 95% positive that Schwinds does not have these.

I asked a year ago and in email they said they order after order. But their website says in stock.

They have been tormenting me with their listing showing up every time I try to search.

So I ordered a set so that they will realize their mistake and drop the listing like my order to summit racing, and opgi before them.

But hey if there is a 5% chance they find they have a leftover set I will be happy.
Screenshot_20240428-110151.jpg
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 11:00:14 AM
James, in this case it going the other direction than you did.  You had a non computer engine into a computer car and kept the computer.  This case its a computer engine into a non computer car.

Air compressor I assume you are referring to the air conditioning compressor?  Top front center of the engine?  Under there is the coolant temp sensor.  Old engine/car should have had one there too, a single wire one that runs the dash light.  Computer engine would expect to have had that plus an additional 2 wire sensor for the computer.   I would transfer the sensor from your old engine to this engine.  The port under the AC and near the distributor base are in the same coolant passage so either or both can be used.  IF there is a sensor sticking out of the passenger side behind the water pump that is also basically the same passage too.
General Discussion / Re: Can't log in to access Sel...
Last post by tcom2027 - Today at 10:16:27 AM
Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on Yesterday at 09:37:14 PMFrom what I understand, previous Members retained their original Membership Number when they rejoined, but now that Cornerstone has taken over, maybe they were not made aware of this.

Would be nice to retain your old number.  I remember adding that number to your Profile.

Bruce. >:D

Thanks for the explanation Bruce,

It's not a problem, although there is a little OG cache' associated with  the old number,

tony

Technical / Authenticity / Re: '61 Water Pump
Last post by Jon S - Today at 09:43:14 AM
Quote from: Mike Josephic  CLC #3877 on March 10, 2024, 06:40:13 PMFor water pumps, fuel pumps I've used this firm and was always
pleased:
https://arthurgouldrebuilders.parkerspackards.com/

Whatever you do, have your originals rebuilt.  Buying anything
"new" will be Chinese "junk".

Mike

I totally agree. Arthur Gould is the guy.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Squeaking belts on '61 Dev...
Last post by Jon S - Today at 09:41:11 AM
These notched belts suck and look ugly. I use bar soap on the belt with the engine off. I suspect one of your belts needs a little more tensioning.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1973 Big Red Eldorado
Last post by James Landi - Today at 08:01:35 AM
"Inoperative Level Ride will not affect ride quality. It only means the car cannot level itself automatically. A pair of manual rear air shocks will accomplish the same thing except air must be manually added/released for the desired trim height depending on weight of trunk contents/rear passengers. Level Ride is completely different from Air Suspension."

I respectfully disagree, unless, the newer models of that generation Eldorados had rear coil springs that better adjusted for nominal height without vacuum actuated comprressed air boost .... the ones I owned had those single rear leaf spring arrangements, and without the air ride, the rear end would bottom out on moderate bumps and seeing anything through the rear view mirror was compromised.  I had one of those leaf spring snap at the axle shackle when the air ride failed (bang!!!), and that rendered the car on a severe list to starboard, as if we were sinking stern first!  Eric, I agree that the work around can work, but as you mentioned it's not a perfect solution.   James 
Last post by James Landi - Today at 07:33:57 AM
"To solve the distributor problem just swap the distributor from your old engine.  Let us know if you need instructions on how to do that, there are tricks to make it easier."

Perhaps you didn't read TJ's suggestion... I have direct experience with the distributor swap. It worked for me with a computer managed Cadillac into which I swapped an older model Olds carburetor engine... worked perfectly.  James