News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'47 Sedan - Vent Window Post Moldings

Started by 6262, February 19, 2019, 04:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi, I would like to buy vent window post moldings for a '47 Cadillac Series 62 sedan in good condition. Ready-to-use condition would be preferred, but items without bends, pitting, dents that just need rechroming will also be considered.

Thank you.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

I can't imagine that these parts are so rare?
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Buick Super/Roadmaster should the same... (1942,1946,1947,1948.) Check Bob's Buicks.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Thank you, Barry. This is a helpful hint.

However, Bob's Buick has only the seals for the posts, not the posts itself. I doubt someone reproduces them. Probably a used part is the only option.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Try John Gately in MA, or it might be time to call Margaret at AllCads.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

No positive result so far... Therefore I am still searching.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Only have an offer of $800 plus shipping etc. Honestly, I am no cheapskate but I hope them to get them for less money...
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

Don't know 46-47 specifically but earlier years are quite generic, different lengths, different fittings, etc.  But one version can be changed quite easily to another.  They were manufactured using the same stock.  Do you have anything or are they completely missing. 
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

Quote from: Brad Ipsen CLC #737 on June 10, 2019, 10:22:09 PM
Don't know 46-47 specifically but earlier years are quite generic, different lengths, different fittings, etc.  But one version can be changed quite easily to another.  They were manufactured using the same stock.  Do you have anything or are they completely missing.

This is not my car. I am asking on behalf of a friend. He has something very tired but he would prefer the real McCoy because he is doing a top level restoration on this car. It is indeed a georgeous vehicle and I can understand that he does not want any shortcuts. But in the end he probably will have to because seemingly these parts are unobtainium.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I'm sorry to hear that you still do not have the strips. You are probably going to have to buy more than just the strips. People with these for sale will want to sell them as a unit. In other words, all of the framework around the glass and possibly the the crank-out mechanism. Why not try asking for that assembly and then ask them to simply keep what you don't wish to pay postage on. (But it might be to your advantage to get the whole unit "just in case.") They are not impossible to find, you just need to make it worth their while to mess with the transaction.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Barry, thanks for the recommendation. I will try this approach.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Paul Tesone

I think I might have what you need . I can not remove window frames or stainless trim from the doors . Must sell each door as a complete unit . I’m not too good with computers , so I don’t know how to get photos from my iPad to this Forum reply . If interested please send your email to my email ( Tess three five two at yahoo dot com ). I can then get the photos to you .Paul Tesone CLC #6876 .

Hi Paul. I have sent you an email. Thank you!
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Dexfoster

Ive got those parts i believe i know i have a complete car i just sold the flathead out of. My number is 2108420373 if your interested.
John
1947 sedanette
1947 sedan
1946 sedan
1957 coupe deville

Paul Tesone

Here are the photos with measurements . In my email to you  , I think I said that I believed the doors came from either a 61 or 62 series . After closer look at the doors , I may be wrong about that . The doors’ interiors seem to have what appears to have been metal that might have had faux wood painting . Was this trim found on 61 and 62 series or just 60 series Fleetwoods ? I don’t know . In any event , the measurements should help you decide if these doors have the vent windows you need . Let me know if I can be of help . Paul Tesone CLC 36876

Quote from: Dexfoster on July 17, 2019, 10:35:19 PM
Ive got those parts i believe i know i have a complete car i just sold the flathead out of. My number is 2108420373 if your interested.
John

Thank you, John. I have PMed you.

Quote from: Paul Tesone on July 10, 2019, 06:10:34 PM
I think I might have what you need . I can not remove window frames or stainless trim from the doors . Must sell each door as a complete unit . I’m not too good with computers , so I don’t know how to get photos from my iPad to this Forum reply . If interested please send your email to my email ( Tess three five two at yahoo dot com ). I can then get the photos to you .Paul Tesone CLC #6876 .

Thank you, Paul. I will show the pictures to my friend with the '47. He will know if these doors are right and if he could use whole doors. I will report back.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Quote from: Paul Tesone on July 17, 2019, 11:06:09 PM
Here are the photos with measurements . In my email to you  , I think I said that I believed the doors came from either a 61 or 62 series . After closer look at the doors , I may be wrong about that . The doors’ interiors seem to have what appears to have been metal that might have had faux wood painting . Was this trim found on 61 and 62 series or just 60 series Fleetwoods ? I don’t know . In any event , the measurements should help you decide if these doors have the vent windows you need . Let me know if I can be of help . Paul Tesone CLC 36876

Paul, I have talked to my friend with the '47. Shipping the whole doors would be me too much an expense for just the vent window posts which still need work. Could add up to a 4-figure price with custom duties and taxes. It is probably better if a local picks up the complete doors. But thanks a lot and good luck in selling it!
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Paul Tesone

Nils- I thought that might be your friend’s decision . Totally understandable . I’ll now put them up for sale under their own post .Given the photos and measurements , does your friend have any thoughts as to what series these doors belong to , and does he think they would fit more than one series ? Thanks , .... Paul Tesone CLC#6876

It is Series 62.

Series 61 has no trim around every window. The trim encircles both windows at once.
Fleetwood 60 Special doors have rounded corners on the side next to the B-pillar.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville