News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

proper factory fuel line routing on 54 ?

Started by Bill Kaufman CLC# 15225, February 04, 2023, 01:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

While you've been getting expert help, you might call Bob Smits in College Station, TX. He bought an original 1954 last year and might be able to help. Page 197 at the top of the middle (RH) column in the 2022 Directory.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

timer2

I did a frame on restoration on my '54 and indeed, the fuel line runs on the right side frame rail. The car had nothing done to it before I acquired it.  T. Irvin

Bill Kaufman CLC# 15225

Quote from: Bob Kielar on February 07, 2023, 12:17:06 PMJust to clarify terminology left drivers side right is passenger as you sit looking out the windshield. This is for our Cadillacs not to be confused with European right hand drive autos.
Keep Cruzin,
Bob Kielar
YES, I was just confused when 55 CDV's post about the 55's line running on the passenger side was responded to that 54 was the same. Anyway, I think that everyone agrees that the line runs down the DRIVERS side and crosses over to the PASSENGER side via the cross member and the steel fuel line terminates into a rubber line which runs to the fuel pump. I love this Forum .. Thanks everyone I am gonna get busy installing that new fuel line. 
If you ain't Wrenching ...  You ain't Livin.  So get out there and Live a little..  !!

Current Labors of LOVE;
1948 series 62 Club Coupe / 346 L head / Rendon Blue
1954 series 62 Sport Coupe / 331 V8 / Aztec Red
1970 Deville Rag Top / 472 V8 / Nottingham Green

Previous Caddies ;

1969 Fleetwood Eldorado / 472 V8 / Wisteria
1974 Sedan DeVille
1993 SLS / White Diamond
2006 CTS / White Diamond