News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fuel Gauge Problem on 55 Coupe Deville

Started by Michael Van Bogart, October 01, 2006, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Van Bogart

I have a 1955 Coupe DeVille that the Fuel Gauge does not work. I have just had the fuel tank redone and put in a new sending unit. I have checked the wire from the tank to the gauge and found no shorts, and visually checked the wire. I now have the gauge sitting on my desk and am wondering how a person might check it. The needle moves back and forth slowly when tipping the gauge upside-down to rightside-up.

Michael Van Bogart 22650

Thankyou for the information, I shall check it as soon as it comes out of storage next year. I cant now because my brand new sending unit broke.