News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

60 Cad. OS Rearview Mirror

Started by Geoff Newcombe #4719, October 16, 2006, 10:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Newcombe #4719

My outside rear view mirror has gotten quite loose and will no longer hold its postion while driving down the road.  Not the round part that holds the mirror itself, but the ball & socket adjustable from the inside of the car part.  Anyone have a way to tighten this area up?  I see it is sprng loaded but have not figured a way to snug it up.  Thanks.

Geoff Newcombe #4719

Michael Stamps 19507

If it helps mine is slightly loose also.  The problem is that is so far down on the list of areas needing attention that I doubt I will find a fix anytime soon.

Stampie

Geoff Newcombe #4719

:-)
Well .... at least Ive got company!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Mine is totally loose and useless on the mirror head itself.   The rest is tight.

But, with RHD it is totally useless as a seeing device as the windscreen pillar is in the way, so I might just remove it completely and fill in the hole in the door, and put a dummy switch or something in the inside panel to cover up the hole there.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

john fotakis

Hi Bruce. Ive found that if you stick a kid in the passenger seat from time to time the remote control mirror will get a regular workout [ as will the vent window control , the electric window button and the cigarette lighter ] so there will never be a reason to think there is something on your car that is totally useless. Cheers, John.      

JIM CLC # 15000

10-18-06
GEOFF, You say that it is spring loaded. Try a new SPRING or try stretching the old one to add tention. I always figured if an item was put together by man or mechine, that I could repair or fix it.
Good Luck,JIM

Geoff Newcombe #4719

I would be most happy to replace the spring, but this appears to be one of those things that is pressed together at the factory and must be at least partially ruined to get it apart.  The car is getting new carpets and headliner installed right now but when I get it back I will remove the assembly again and ponder it further.  My hope was that someone here has had the smae experience/problem and had devised a good fix for it.  Thanks.

Chris Braun

well.. I finally have heard of something that can go wrong with a 60 cad... that hasnt gone wrong yet on mine :)  Sorry but I really needed that boost.  Wish I had an answer for your question.