News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

New Decade Grouping function

Started by Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster), August 08, 2023, 10:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan Bartelski (CLC Webmaster)

Due to complaints from forum members, that it was difficult to find the correct technical information for their vehicle, it is now necessary to assign a prefix (or tag) to a post showing the decade of  the vehicle under discussion. Using the prefix is required. When you create  New Topic, you will see a list of prefixes (tags) above the text box. Click the radio button for the relevant decade.

When reading posts, you can also filter on a decade to minimize the searching that you need to do. Click on the relevant decade at the top of the forum post list to filter.

Unfortunately, these prefixes do not apply to existing posts, but the original poster can edit (modify) their post to include a prefix. To Modify your post, view the post, then click on the MORE... button at the bottom right of the post, then select MODIFY.
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

TJ Hopland

Interesting feature.  I have not seen it in use on any other forum.  We will see how well it works.  At the least it should help future searches. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Michael Petti

Some instructions as to how to assign the decade would be helpful. I just posted and tried to assign a decade and it did not seem to take. Thanks

Just added text on how to select a relevant decade prefix/tag
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

Michael Petti

Roger Zimmermann

1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Cadman-iac

I just saw this and I think it's a great idea.
With that in mind, I went to my last thread and tried to find the option to add this designation to it,but I only get the option to reply, nothing to modify the header.
Is this something that we can do, or just need to do in all new thread topics?
 If it's possible, what steps are necessary?

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Quote from: Cadman-iac on August 08, 2023, 12:39:05 PMI just saw this and I think it's a great idea.
With that in mind, I went to my last thread and tried to find the option to add this designation to it,but I only get the option to reply, nothing to modify the header.
Is this something that we can do, or just need to do in all new thread topics?
 If it's possible, what steps are necessary?

Rick
Click on the MORE link then MODIFY
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

Michael Petti

Is there a reason 1980's was not listed?

79 Eldorado

I suggested something similar but with fewer splits; compared to each decade. Too many "buckets" is possibly even more frustrating than a single grouping when some technology questions apply to multiple decades. I think I suggested 4 groups but you could even start with 2 or 3.

There was at least one extensive discussion in the General Topics part of the forum. I prefer some categories but I also know that too many can be problematic as well.

If we're not already committed to each decade I would suggest starting small, fewer categories, and expanding if it makes sense.

Scott

Cadman-iac

I went back to an earlier thread I started and because I could only pick one decade, I chose the one that my car falls into, but the topic applies to 2 decades, so I added an additional decade manually in the title.
 By a search, it will only show up by the selected decade, so someone would have to look a bit closer to spot the addition.

Still a good idea though I think.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Big Fins

Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille