News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

2009 Cadillac DTS Platinum $11,999

Started by V63, August 26, 2023, 06:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V63

2009 Cadillac DTS "PLATINUM" edition. These are challenging to find given their costly introduction base price and simultaneous economic recession.

They have increased performance of 292 hp (premium fuel required) with accompanied transmission enhancements. The platinum replaced earlier "performance" edition.

Interior is full 'Tuscany leather', Light Linen/Cocoa, Tuscany Full Leather Seating Surfaces with Mini Perforated Seat Inserts .
the dash top is also stitched genuine leather unlike lessor models, the platinum features GENUINE wood trim with inlay vs wood grain plastic in lessor models. Genuine wood console shift and steering wheel. Thresholds all illuminate PLATINUM.
18" chrome finish wheels are standard.

This example has just under 99,000 miles, raven black exterior,  Light Linen/Cocoa, Tuscany Full Leather Seating Surfaces with Mini Perforated Seat Inserts interior.
 a hand painted vogue mustard pin stripe to match the mustard stripes on tyres. 

The interior is unique two tone in coco brown Tuscany leather with its unique buff finish and cashmere leather on door panels. The headlining is a special suede look unique to the platinum. The platinum was offered fully loaded.  adaptive cruise was only optional equipment  this car does NOT have,
I do have that on my other platinum (BTW NOT impressed).

The car is in generally excellent condition of a caring owner and still a daily driver.
All new struts x 4 on all corners by strut masters. New tires at 95k miles, new tire pressure monitors x 4 .
The original audio "was" an antiquated navigation and exchanged to a touch screen Sony with back up camera.
There is a warning that the "lane departure camera"  has departured with any functionality. (No great loss).
The moon roofs seems to be more problematic 2009 and later. I give up. best consider it a skylight for all concerned.

There is a slight ripple in the right rear 1/4 that may not show in images.

Window tint film is bubbling. I can remove it if preferred. 

Crack in the wood lacquer clear above glove box. Pretty typical with genuine wood finished autos after a decade.

I do religiously use full synthetic engine oil.

As a comment to our horrific summer nationwide, I'd have to praise the AC in this generation DTS is absolutely INCREDIBLE and I do like it ice COLD!!! Cooled seats are also a feature.  Heated seats times 4 front and rear.

NOTE: The prior owner added chrome B pillar trim and wheel arch moldings ...I "covered" the right side to original satin black to help me decide which I preferred...I prefer the OEM satin black. The car can be to your preference there. Just advise.

I am currently driving the car on a daily basis.

Has an Arizona title in my name, no liens.

I will supplement with more images. 

harry s

Beautiful car with an unusual interior. I've seen (and own one) with cocoa/linen in White Diamond but never black exterior. That's got to be someone's future pride and joy. Good Luck!    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum