News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

For Sale - Cars / Re: 1965 Cadillac Deville Conv...
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 08:11:52 AM
Im in love....
General Discussion / Re: 59 enjoying the sun
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 08:09:48 AM
"Pull over, the both of you!
Driving such beautiful ICE cars in a sea of lookalike EV moon buggies is now a state crime.
You'll cause an accident!"
--Future Robocop
Make sure when you install the new springs to also install new rubber coil spring insulator pads from Steele Rubber Products.  Their part number is 70-0801-32.
General Discussion / Re: 1959 Eldorado Hubacp Clock
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 08:02:21 AM
Will these fit my 59 flat top SDV?
My dash clock doesnt work.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Zinc additives
Last post by Jay Friedman - Today at 08:01:47 AM
Quote from: J. Russo on May 13, 2024, 07:15:31 PMI run Valvoline VR1 10w30 in my '41 engine.

I also use Valvoline VR1 10w30 in my '49 engine.
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by Jay Friedman - Today at 08:00:17 AM
Quote from: PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192 on Today at 01:56:24 AMThe 1951 brakes are not self adjusting. If you do the minor adjustment you still use a feeler gauge through the slots. If the shoes are not correctly adjusted you could bleed them correctly and still have the problem you're encountering. I have a 1951 shop manual somewhere and if I find it I'll scan the brake pages and post them here. If you don't follow the manual your brakes will be useless.

I agree with PHIL WHYTE. It's best to do a "major" brake adjustment using a feeler gauge through the slots on the drum along with an adjustment of the anchor pin if necessary.  Follow the 1951 shop manual instructions (and not another year or generic instructions) as Phil says because the details of doing this vary slightly from year to year.   
Self-adjusting brakes came in the basic Cadillac line in 1960.

Bruce. >:D
I have a set. Not sure of the exact style you are looking for though. Do you have any pics of the style hub caps? I have the full dome covers.
Harry can help you out with regards to this car.
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Roger Zimmermann - Today at 05:02:13 AM
Mostly, yes. R.T.R.W is cheaper than Steele for the same products...