News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Want To Buy - Parts / Re: LOOKING TO BUY: 1930s Era...
Last post by Auto_Inc - Today at 04:56:12 PM
Still hunting for the radio head for the 36/37 Cadillac

Please if anyone has a lead.

Thanks!
For Sale - Parts / Re: Free engine and Hydramatic...
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 04:33:59 PM
Whenever I can I want to help out forum members.
If I have anything extra I will give it away.

There are more 1963 parts from the Resto available.
General Discussion / Re: Good video explaining zinc...
Last post by klinebau - Today at 04:33:35 PM
I think rollers are only needed when the ramps on the cam are pretty dramatic.  I think flat tappets seem to work fine for normal applications.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1953 Eldorado barn find, t...
Last post by 35-709 - Today at 04:33:20 PM
"Price listed is not asking price I just had to enter a number to submit."

Have to wonder why he didn't just list the asking price.   ::)   
Maybe he was afraid he would frighten potential buyers away.
Maybe he is just looking for offers.  I was unable to make the link work.
It is relatively easy to remove the top dash pad.  I don't know if there is an easier way, but I would think that you should be able to get to the bolts with the dash pad off.
Whoever last worked on my 331 did not follow the recommended procedure that Jay just posted and now the clocking of my plug leads are out of whack and it drives my inner OCD crazy.
Anyone know a trick for removing/installing this piece in the dash?  A previous owner had installed a toggle switch for the convertible top  ::)  and had broken a clip off, so I was able to finagle the old one out and install a new/correct switch for the top easy enough, but this little panel has bolts (top and bottom) and I'm not sure how the heck to get to them without some disassembly to remove/install the replacement piece.  I did look in the Service Manual, but nothing jumped out at me and I don't want to tear any more apart than I have to.
Thats a good deal!  lol!
100k?  Na there's a lot of really nice Eldos out there now for that or less.  Theres the green 58 Eldo which was in Comedians and Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld and Don Rickles.  88k and mint.
Congrats!  Can't beat having her all original :)