News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

69 DeVille - Dash Panel Question

Started by R Simone, May 01, 2024, 03:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Simone

Anyone know a trick for removing/installing this piece in the dash?  A previous owner had installed a toggle switch for the convertible top  ::)  and had broken a clip off, so I was able to finagle the old one out and install a new/correct switch for the top easy enough, but this little panel has bolts (top and bottom) and I'm not sure how the heck to get to them without some disassembly to remove/install the replacement piece.  I did look in the Service Manual, but nothing jumped out at me and I don't want to tear any more apart than I have to.

klinebau

It is relatively easy to remove the top dash pad.  I don't know if there is an easier way, but I would think that you should be able to get to the bolts with the dash pad off.
1970 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Detroit, MI

The Tassie Devil(le)

When I converted a '69 to RHD, I recall the Cruise Control was there, and as it was heavy, was held in by a couple of screws that went into stands at the back of the dash fascia.

I think these screw heads were 1/4" but don't hold me to that.

Bruce.  >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon