News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

-51 convertible project

Started by dogbergs, February 13, 2021, 02:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwwseville60

This is an awesome build!
Will the three deuces fit under the hood?
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

dogbergs

Thank you John, I too do belive that the car will look pretty good when cruising towards the sunset, when that day comes. Hopefully the carbs will fit under, think they will.

/ Johan
-51 Cadillac serie 62 convertible, project
-64 Dodge Polara 2dHt, 1 driving and 1 for spares.
-70 Volvo 121 (Now sold after 21 years)
-63 Plymouth Max Wedge clone, project
-42 Harley WLA
-43 Royal Enfield WDCO
-33 Ford Pick up, project

dogbergs

Now this was a puzzle.. But it folds down without bending/making hurtful noise. Found a machine belt that will service as tacking material. There are some screws and things that didn't get sent to the plater, I will think it just adds some colour to the picture. Both knees as picture 8 had to be rebuilt with some customization made, factory threads in castings were no good.
-42 Harley WLA
-43 Royal Enfield WDCO

dogbergs

There's an X on one roof rail to lift cylinder piece that I can't find instructions for, feels like I've read it somewhere but don't remember, discovered too late when disassembled so no pic.. If anybody has something to add here, please feel free to do so. Pic 4 and 36.4440 upper part on drawing.
-42 Harley WLA
-43 Royal Enfield WDCO

dogbergs

Are we back to normal again? Think the last post I did in this thread was about quarters and at least thinking of doing something with them. That post was gone, but otherwise I see nothing suspicious. Or isn't it quarters when they're bolted? Rear fenders?. I've been doing something with them now and starting to feel quite happy with the result. Got some stretch and shrink lessons by Guscha, friend and local sheet metal guy.

Thank you webmaster for bringin everything back!

Added one abstract painting to the collection, to describe issue with left quarter.
Had too much material coming outwards middle of wheel opening, cut about 5" and welded back, then a little too much material above that cured with heat shrinking, got pretty straight.

/ Johan
-42 Harley WLA
-43 Royal Enfield WDCO

dogbergs

I were wrong, or I did not see them clearly enough?

There have been some friends telling me take it all away, ALL old paint has to go, you never know how the old reacts with the new (in this case whats hidden in it..) But I only took away the black backyard paintjob layer thinking the factory paint has been there all the time and thats good?
Obviously did not see these small spots that got a lot bigger when talking dirty to them. Trunk lid was the first piece painted 3 years ago and that was more of a color test than a finished part, so not so much extra work there. Body without panels already done can bring some problems later on, some surfaces had factory paint still, we'll see what happens, thats for sure. All remaining panels will be sanded from paint, epoxy primer bottom, rust never sleeps.
-42 Harley WLA
-43 Royal Enfield WDCO