News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

60 CDV antenna lubrication

Started by Michael Petti, August 21, 2022, 02:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Petti

Rebuilding a tenna unit and all seems ok except the cable binds/jams when going into the storage cup surrounding the reduction gear box when antenna is retracted. I can manually maneuver it past but motor has hard time. Should that cable be greased? Right now it is not. If so with what? I also need a gasket to go between the fender and escushion to seal out water. I may have to make my own if cannot find one.

Moody

Mine had white grease in it during disassembly. Most had hardened, but the ant still ran fine. Lithium grease would work well I'm sure. Not sure who has the gasket, a new one is easily cut.
Moody

Michael Petti

Used the white grease and it not help. Mast goes up great, but will not retract. It seems the nylon cable catches on something when it tries to back into the container under the gear box. Manually I get it in about 2 inches, I jam it past the catch and cable gets around the case one time,about 10 inches and it jams again. It seems to be catching on itself where the cable enters the contaner. If I manually jam it past that, it jams again later. Maybe the cable is too brittle. Antenna worked fine before had to clean motor last week. Any help is appreciated.

fishnjim

Michael Petti

Sounds like I need a new nylon rope. A 5-year-old post mentioned a business called "Antennas are Us" sold the third section of the antenna with a new nylon rope for $25.00. I cannot find it on the web. Is it still around? I would be more than willing to risk $25.00 to fix this.

Moody

There was a guy on eBay selling them for $400 I believe. I would hope they are the correct length for that price. Most replacements are shorter than original.
Moody