News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Interior/ Exterior/Leather color combinations for 1960 Eldorado

Started by Whit, September 26, 2014, 04:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whit

Is there a reference data base where one can find what interior trim/exterior color combinations were offered by the factory. For example: I know that paint code 97 (Champagne) was offered with trim code 15 (Silver beige) in my 1960 Eldorado Biarritz convertible)...were there other interior trim codes offered with paint code 97, and if so what were they?

I am considering changing the color of my car to Pompeian Red, but I don't know what interior trim codes were offered with that exterior color.

Also, is there a data base that shows how many of each combination were built? I may have a fairly rare car in that I understand that only about 200 1960 Eldorado Biarritz convertibles were built with Factory Air, mine was one of these. That 'rarity' might also argue for not changing the color from the original.

I'm obviously still working my way through this and any advice/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you    Whit

chris cunliffe

1957 Eldorado Seville #967

wrefakis

gm does not provide any of this information, just what color and trim could be ordered
they made many more than 200 with ac, around 38% of 59 eldo,s had ac, 60 would have been higher

chris cunliffe

Sorry, should have said the GM information kit only has information on exterior color/trim combinations  Scroll down to page 173 1960
Optional Specifications Manual. There were 5 trim options for code 97: White, Black,Beige metallic,Dundee Green and Red .
Pompeian Red was not a factory option on the Biarritz but was offered on all other ranges with a total of 16 trim options between the ranges.
1957 Eldorado Seville #967