News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 Cadillac Brake Conversion

Started by Tahoelover2002, April 04, 2015, 03:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rurena3030

Hi all. I appreciate your help. Im trying to keep my 61 on the road and at least leave it better than i found it. My other question is which part from Rockauto is the correct one ? If i go with the Cardone Bendix Power booster, which Bendix master cylinder is the correct one ? I see 2-3 options, one of which it states 1-5/8 inch push rod. part numbers are either NM1328 or 13062015. Thank you!

rurena3030
61 Cadillac Coupe Deville
Robert Urena
1961 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Cadman-iac

Quote from: rurena3030 on March 14, 2024, 01:01:55 PMHello. Can someone please let me know what "WW" brake lines are ? I see they need to be fabricated. Are these brake lines to connect to the distribution box ? I think i can handle the master/booster replacement. I just dont want to screw the brake lines up.

rurena3030

61 Cadillac Coupe Deville

Where did you see this "WW" brake line? I haven't heard of this before either.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

rurena3030

Cadman-iac,

The "WW" brake line is mentioned in this post on the previous page. I am actually more interested in recommendations from you all, on which combination of 68 Coupe Deville, Booster/Master cylinder combo to get from Rockauto.

I am also planning to become a CLC member soon, as I just saw that non members will be removed from the forum. I love this forum and want to remain on it.

I will post the body tag and pictures of my car soon, if I can figure out how.
Robert Urena
1961 Cadillac Coupe Deville

TJ Hopland

All I can think of that WW could mean is the brand Willwood maybe?  I know they make all sorts of brake parts so I assume they also sell lines.  Maybe they have some sort of universal line set and that is what people are talking about?

The nicop lines are super easy to work with.  Those are a fairly new product that looks like regular copper tubing but is actual DOT rated brake line.  It comes in rolls just like the plumbing stuff and its pretty much as easy to bend as the plumbing stuff.  The what is it 3/16 and 1/4 that the vast majority of lines us can easily be bent by hand.  If you want it to look perfect and factory you will need the straightening tool and bending tools to get those perfect lines but if you just want something decent that will work they are awesome. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

David Greenburg

The '68 master cyl/booster used for the conversion is the one for cars with drum brakes. The Cardone unit described in the "Ed's pages" that is no longer a.working link is a combined mc/booster unit; you don't need separate parts if you can find that unit.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Chicken Coupe

I thank you guys for the reply.  That's the catch 22 I have read about.  I want disc, but I also like the original Hubcaps. 

Arni_78

Quote from: Tahoelover2002 on April 05, 2015, 09:45:16 AMThis is great, thanks! I actually had that pedal problem yesterday, that's why I'm looking to do this asap. Also do you know anything about the distribution box for the breaks in his conversion? Do I need to get another one for the rear?

Hi, I couldn't open the link, it is possible to get again the installation , or could you sent it to me, please?
Thanks in advance
Arnold