News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1984 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible Top Issue

Started by 1bad65, August 30, 2023, 11:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1bad65

Hi. All,

I recently purchased an 84 Biarritz convertible and the top is not sitting right in the rear corners (See Pics). One side appears to be missing a plastic "L" shaped piece that the top attaches to and the other side seems to have come loose.  Has anyone experienced this before and know where I can buy the missing plastic piece? What could be done to fix this or do I need a new top? Appreciate the help and guidance.

James Landi

I've owned two Biarritz convertibles of that model year, and "shopped" dozens--- never saw that problem... could it be that that rear window in yours has been replaced or perhaps the top was replaced and not appropriately installed.  These cars were very expensive, and my last one, an '85, had the original top, had 200,000 miles when I sold it, and the only top issue I had was having to replace the lift rams.  Hope this helps, James