News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1962 firing order, what is it?

Started by greg, August 14, 2006, 10:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Can someone please advise me the firing order for the 1962, 390 engine.  It happens to be a commercial class engine if that makes a difference.  Also, what is the # sequence for the cylinders?  Is it 1234 on the pass. side from the front back then 5678 from front driver side?  thanks for your assistance!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Greg,

Sorry, but you must be a Ford man. (I like Fords too, but the FE family of engines, oh, and the Boss 429 as well)

The Cadillac Cylinder arrangement is Left Front No. 1, Right Front No. 2, and then back and forth till you get to number 8 at the Right Rear.

That is, the Left Bank in from the front, 1, 3, 5 and 7, and the Right Bank from the front is 2, 4, 6 and 8.

The Firing order is 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2.

And the Distributor rotates Clockwise.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Bob

My Cadillacs firing order is listed behind the carburetor on top of the engine.

greg

thanks for all the great detail from both of you.  I will proceed to check it out on my engine.