News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hubcaps question revisited

Started by Steve W, March 31, 2024, 01:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve W

I tried using the Search function, but there didn't seem to be a clear answer that I could find, maybe because I'm not sure exactly what they are called.
Re: the 1968 hubcaps that have slots in them. Ventillated? Slotted? Vented?

Would I be right in assuming that cars that came from the factory with front disc brakes (option in 68, standard thereafter) would have had the slotted (ventillated?) front hubcaps? Or all 4?

Do disc brakes heat up faster, or hotter, than drums? (If not, then maybe they used the vented ones on the drum brake cars?) I saw a set of 4 advertised on ebay today and I bought them, because I have front disc brakes on my 68 CdV. I can't imagine that they'd be that much help with heat dissipation, but maybe they are?

Anyway, three of them were in better condition than two of the ones I have on my car presently, so that's a plus! But I'm just wondering about what came from the factory? 
Steve Waddington
1968 Coupe deVille
North Hollywood, CA
CLC Member # 32866

George D. Mukalian CLC # 10047

You are correst. I have a 1969 Deville.
Cars with front disc brakes in 1968 & 1969 came with front only slotted hub caps for better ventilation.

George
George D. Mukalian
CLC #10047