News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1983 Seville AC belt removan

Started by georgie49, August 04, 2017, 05:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgie49

I am attempting to replace the power steering pump on my 4.1 liter engine.  I am having trouble removing the AC belt in preparation for pulling the power steering pump pulley.  I have backed off the tensioning bolt and loosened the bracket bolt on top like the manual shows but the AC will not budge.  What am I overlooking?  I seem to remember having this problem several years ago when I replaced the water pump but can't remember how I overcame it. George Bergen

TJ Hopland

Bottom bolt?   Is there a rear support?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

georgie49

That's what I suspect as it must rotate about something, but a rear support bolt is not mentioned in any of my manuals and I have looked all over and under it with a shop light and can't find it.

smokuspollutus

The lower bolt is not that obvious in its location, follow the metal vacuum line that runs across the front of the engine and you will come across it.