News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1959 Limo with 1960 tailfins

Started by Frank Rainey, April 24, 2005, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Rainey

All,
Years back I purchased a 1959 Limo which has 1960 tailfins.  At first I thought it had been in a wreck and someone replaced the front end with a 59 front end.  The vin# number shows it to be a 1959 but I cannot find any information regarding the origin.  Has anyone ever hear of or seen a Limo like this.  This car is fairly solid, runs, and needs complete restore.  I am trying to find out more about the cars origin.
If you can help please contact at:
frainey@mcleodusa.net
248-634-7779
Thanks,
Frank Rainey CLC#10656

George

This car did happen. The 1959 model was made with the 1960 fins. A british magazine titled Classic American did an article and photographs about it. I will try and get a back issue copy. If I can get it I will let you know.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

Am interested.  Can you post some digital photos and provide the VIN.

Anything is possible. The 59 fins were a turn-off for many potential buyers.  Would one of them have waited a year for the 1960 models to come out, so as to add the new fins ?

George

Frank. I have E-mailed the Classic American mag, in Britain. If the magazine featuring the 59 Caddy is available I will E mail you and let you know.

George

Frank was the car you had a Brougham? apparently the article I read may be available, but it was a 1959 Brougham. If you let me know I may be able to get a copy of the Magazine that featured the car.

Frank Rainey

George,

How can I tell if it is a Brougham?  The tail lights do have a V.
Vin tag info:
Style #59-6733 BCDYDC
Trim #81E
Acc: KHJE
Engine #59SO58264

Thanks for your help,
Frank Rainey CLC#10656

Frank Rainey

Yann,
I took some pictures, how do I post them?  Let me know and I will be glad to post.

Vin tag info:
Style #59-6733 BCDYDC
Trim #81E
Acc: KHJE
Engine #59SO58264

Thanks for your help,
Frank Rainey CLC#10656

George

Frank
I am not sure how you distinguish a Brougham. I will try and get the magazine ordered anyway. I think the 59 with the lowered tail fins was a Brougham.

Roger A. Zimmermann #21015

According to your numbers, its a 1959 Serie Seventy-Five limousine; the model number as well as the identification number of the engine (if its the same as the VIN)are telling that.
Roger

Chris Short CLC 18814

Id it was a Bougham wont the style number be diffent??  I would think that the Brougham would have its own designation.

Chris Short
55 Eldo convert.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

The thread is losing the thread.  We were discussing a 59 limo with 60 fins. The VIN and ID tag info confirms the car is a Fleetwood limo, NOT a Brougham.

The Eldorado Brougham was the only 1959 production model to have fins similar to those that appeared in 1960.

Sorry I cant help with info on how to post your photos.  You need to ask Jeff, our Webmaster.

George

Hi Frank
I have got the magazine. Give me an address and I will post it on too you.
I got your photos also nice looking car. I hope parts are available.