News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

eBay 40 Cad 62 coupe

Started by Mike Simmons 938, November 06, 2008, 05:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Simmons 938

Folks- Check out a beautiful , and unique 1940 series 6227c currently on eBay.It has a special order interior by Fleetwood that modifies the rear seat area, possibly to permit the driver to haul a steamer trunk-sized container (for salesman's samples?) . The area behind the passenger seat is empty, like one would find on a business coupe in Ford or similar. Behind the drivers seat is a forward-facing fold-down seat, modified I would guess from something in a series 75. An excellent restoration as well. The owner responded to my inquiry that the "trim" line on the body plate is SO-51, so it's legit.Mike Simmons

Stampie

Mike I would love to look at it on ebay but you did not provide us with a link.  I tried searching ebay to find it but could not.  Maybe this will help so that we can look at it:

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php/topic,98136.0.html

Maybe even an item number would help others find it.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Mike Simmons 938

Sorry, Stampie- if you are still having a problem, the number is : 230 305 055 098 - I broke it into separate triplets to make it easier to read.
I searched under Cadillac 1940, highest price first, and several cars popped  up on the search list. Then I chose which one I wished to look at first.
I don't know why, but eBay provides different "lists" to different countries- sometimes regions. I wasn't aware of this until one time I was trying to alert an owner that his high dollar car was being offered at a real bargain- his ad had been stolen, but he couldn't seem to locate the fraudulent ad on his list. It took two days before he found it, yet for me it was only separated from his ad by 7 or 8 spaces. Weird
Mike

Stampie

I can find it in a search now but couldn't before even though I only found four 40's searching before.

Stampie
If... the machine of government... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then, I say, break the law.  ~Henry David Thoreau, On the Duty of Civil Disobediance, 1849

If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.  ~Louis D. Brandeis

Doug Houston

I've looked it over, and from the pictures, it's beautifully and correctly done. I do wonder about the rear compartment and the drop seat in it. It's certainly possible that a special seat installation was done on the car. The seller tells that the body plate shows a "S.O." notation for the interior, so the car, as shown, might be correct. It could also denote simply that a special fabric had been used in the initial trim.  The invoice for the car would verify that this was done as shown today. While I won't be a bidder on this one, I'd surely want to see the invoice before I'd want to bid.

Then, being radio-conscious, I wonder who did the radio restoration, and why the cost, as claimed, exceeded 1000 bucks. If it's just a restoration, that's the highest I've ever heard.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I have the invoice for that car. It is exactly as ordered & built. The car was sold in Canada. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.