News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac Series 60S with Formal Division window. $50,000 plus/minus*

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, April 03, 2009, 01:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I just got a blind phone call from a Mr. Vin De Peppo, who he said was the founder of the 53/54 Skylark club. The father of a neighbor just died last month and neither of his girls know anything about cars. The man owned a 1941 60SF that is totally restored. He kept a scrapbook and in it in various places are appraisals according to how much work had been done on the car. The last one Mr. DePeppo could find was $45-65K. (So, don't call expecting a bargain.)  It is black over maroon.
This is all the info I have. If you are interested, call Vin @ 973-383-6035. He is in NJ and the car is in NY. He has no interest in selling the car beyond helping out the neighbor.

*Amount entered only to satisfy our requirement of stating a price.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Chris Conklin

The price doesn't seem too unreasonable according to Manheim...

1941 CADILLAC Series 60 Special   Dsp/HP   Eng       Fair          Good         Exc            Show            Loan
SEDAN (4,101 mfd)                   346/150    V8      18,000          38,000       49,000          56,000   C   34,000
Add: Sunshine Top 10%, Divider 10%, Town Car 20%
Chris Conklin

Otto Skorzeny

Manheim typically overstates value in my opinion and experience. It's a good guide but I'd throw some other price guides into the mix for a more realistic figure. This is especially true in today's economy.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Chris Conklin

I've noticed Manheim pricing being a little more to the high side recently. They've almost reversed with the NADA prices. NADA, being dealer reporting, always seemed to be a bit too high to me but have become a little more reasonable as of late. Perhaps they're posting the more recent reality in comparison to Manheim. I've subscribed to a couple other data sites when I've had the need. They usually track and gather auction data, so it is still a somewhat limited perspective.
Chris Conklin