News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need to locate castellated nuts for the bumpers and nameplates 1939 Cad

Started by Barry Torrente, January 31, 2011, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Torrente

Hi,
     Would greatly appreciate any guidance on locating the correct castellated nuts for the bumpers and name plates on my 1939 Cad. I am able to find a version of them at totally stainless and various hardware stores, but they all have the large slots in them to accept cotter pins. I have about 3 of the originals, and would really like to obtain copies or originals to complete these sections of my car.
                                                       Many Thanks,
                                                                          Barry

Classic

You could buy standard nuts (not hardened) and cut the slots with a fine tooth hacksaw blade, or you could use a Dremel tool to make the cuts.  But if you find somewhere that still makes them, I'd like to know.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

Tom Hall 7485

Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.