News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Fuel fittings / 57 Cadillac

Started by Hyfire, May 05, 2011, 11:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyfire

Hello guys,

Well, after 50+ years my factory soft fuel line gave out on me.  (amazing huh?)

I am having problems finding the right fitting.  It is the soft line that is in between the fuel pump and the hard line that goes to the tank.

Anyone have any sources for pre made ones or just the fittings themselves?

THANK YOU!

Josh
J. M. Ackerman

J. Wagnon

NAPA sells a 10" fuel line that will work. It should be 8" but it is manageable if you retain and use the metal hose clamp that goes under one of the bolts that holds the A/C compressor to the A/C brace which is then attached to the engine. The exact brass fitting is no longer made (I tracked it all the way back to the manufacturer) but the one on the NAPA hose is as close as you can get. James Wagnon

Jeff Maltby 4194

Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Hyfire

J. M. Ackerman