News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Vacuum Hose Routing 1957 V-8??

Started by Dan Koser, August 12, 2011, 09:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Koser

Reassembly proceeding apace. My question is about vacuum hose routing: I've connected the vacuum wiper motor to the vacuum pump output co-located with the oil pump. I've connected the vacuum output from the front of the carb to the distributor vacuum advance. BUT....there is a vacuum output at the top of the intake manifold in front of the carb - what is this supposed to be connected to? Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks,    Dan :o

Walter Youshock

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Dan Koser

Walter.....that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks so much for the link to that earlier discussion. So, the first thing I have to do is obtain one of those vacuum manifolds, as my car doesn't have one. But at least when I get one, I'll know what to do with it. Thanks again! Dan

Walter Youshock

You're very welcome!

If you haven't had the motor rebuilt, nothing you do will make the wipers work--which they hardly do anyway.

That manifold was used at least from 1956-1958.  I'm not sure about '55. 
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham