News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1948 Cadillac Heat Control valve and wiring

Started by vicbrincat, August 25, 2011, 06:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicbrincat

Foolishly, I lost the notebook where I kept all my restoration notes for my 48.. This included detailed drawings of the heat control wiring and circuitry.
Would anyone know where I can get schematics or drawings for the heat control valve and fan/blower controls??

I have an issue with mine that I need to trouble -shoot.

Thanks,

Vic Brincat

Warren Rauch #4286

The best source I found is the May1948 issue of the Cadillac Seviceman. Pages 18,19& 20. I would send you a copy, but I don't have you're snail address. And it is printed in blue and black ,which my copier doesn't pick up well. It is almost too dark to read unless you hold it over a light source. Still if you want it ,post your address on my messages  and I'll send it Warren

vicbrincat

Thanks Warren!  Much appreciated.
I will gladly post my address but could not message you privately.
Would you mind emailing directly at vicbrincat@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!!!

Vic

Jeff Maltby 4194

Vic. I have a spare 48 firewall heater here with the wires still attached that I can take pictures for you. You could also probably get a wiring diagram from Rhode Island Wiring or YNZ ?
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

vicbrincat

Thanks Jeff. Sent you a message to your private email.

Vic Brincat

vicbrincat

Warren Rauch,

I'm not sure if you have been receiving my messages through the CLC private message system. If not, I wanted to let you know that I received the information you sent me in the mail today. It is exactly what I needed.

So I wanted to thank you for taking the time and making the effort of compiling this info. It is very much appreciated and I hope I can return the favour some day.

Thanks again and best regards,

Vic Brincat