News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Crazy 6-wheel Eldorado Brougham

Started by veesixteen, September 04, 2011, 01:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

An Italian friend of mine, an opera singer and Cadillac aficionado, just sent me some pics of this car. They appear to have been taken in France.
I did not recognize the tags as being French, but I did notice some signs (in French), in the background, suggesting that the car was in fact in France.
I have asked Nino if he knows the current whereabouts of this strange vehicle.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

veesixteen

Here is one of Nino's pics. You can see the license tag.

Davidinhartford

INTMD8

I can't believe they got rid of the original visors!   :)

P Cedergren

....then I remembered something about a wheelchair ramp, and decided to google the car.

Sorry, right city, wrong place! Here is where it was made:
http://www.di-customcars.ca/05_3_completed___58%20Caddy.php

And yes, it is made for a wheel chair.

Then I found a youtube video from Italy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DmfUD7dZDY

Per C. 4218

veesixteen

The guy who did the video clip is my tenor friend, Giovanni Ribichesu (aka "Nino", aka "Tito").  He owns 58EB565 which I had the opportunity to buy in 1972 ... and passed on it !

The guy driving does look very much like a Russian, although he says a few words in what sounds like American-English.

I still don't know the car's current location. However, I don't believe we have heard the end of it.

veesixteen

I listened more closely to Nino's commentary. He says, "We are in Monte Carlo", which seems to tie in with what has been said by the team who customized the car (Distinct Images, of Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada).  The customer requested a one-of-a-kind vehicle. He got it.

The owner was said to live in France, in an area "where the weather is very hot and it only rains one day a year at the most."  I assume the writer was referring to Monte Carlo, Monaco. Monaco is not actually France; it is a Principality governed by its own Prince (formerly Rainier, who married Grace Kelly, then by his son, Albert, who recently got married). It lies on the border between France and Italy.

Oh, BTW, even in Monaco the weather is not THAT perfect! Photo shows the marina with its plethora of multi-million dollar yachts!