News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Instrument panel bulbs

Started by LtDan560, November 29, 2011, 08:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtDan560

I have a 67 Eldorado & I have the instrument panel out & want to replace all bulbs. They look similar to Sylvania 194 but on the bulbs that I can read states GE168 & GE161. Some look slightly larger than the 194 but that could be the manufacturer. Are they the same? Will the 194 bulb work well?

J. Gomez

Dan,

Check this site; it has references to every type of bulb make and manufactures, it also has the specs for them.

http://www.donsbulbs.com/

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

LtDan560

I checked out the donsbulbs site but did not help telling me what bulbs to use. I did find out that the bulbs that are in question have different brightness. I can replace the bulbs I can read with the same bulb but I would rather know which goes where in case some of the bulbs were put in wrong. I could replace them all with 194 which is 3.78 watts but the GE 168 appears to be 5 watts. I have a shop manual & it does not specify for the instrument panel.

Glen

There is a bulb chart on page 12-78 of the service manual.  But you need to dig the information out of it.  Page 12-22 has the instrument panel layout. 

The way I read it the “panel lamps” in the chart and “illumination” in the layout are the same and are #168, at 3 candle power.  And the rest (low oil, trunk, generator etc) are all #161 at 1 candle power. 

HTH
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

LtDan560

Thank you very much
Now I see the light