News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

TIP ON HEADLIGHT ADJUSTERS 76 -79 Cadillacs

Started by R Schroeder, July 13, 2012, 11:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Schroeder

When I bought my 78 the headlight adjusters were broken.
Bought a set off Ebay and those turned out to be cheap, and they started breaking.
So, I took a shot at ordering them through my Chevy dealer. They did get them for me today.

Group 2.737 Part 1618890  76 to 79 Cadillac.

These are new shafts and the plastic ends. 4 bucks each.

Roy

TJ Hopland

I have been getting em form local parts stores.  They are in the Doorman / Help! line.   Most stores have em out on the shelf so you dont even have to ask for them.  I dont remember the price but does not seem like they were $4 each.    I got some that are 10 years old now and still working fine.   We will see what happens in another 10-20 years.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

R Schroeder

I didnt want to buy more that might have been the same as the ones I bought on Ebay.
So, I just went to GM for them.
Roy

TJ Hopland

It does seem like there is a particular time period where the originals fatigued and broke worse than others.   Back when I was looking at 78's I think that every one I looked at had at least one adjuster broken.   They all had the same issues, broken adjusters, sagging headliner, and burnt up blower relay.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

R Schroeder

Sounds like your describing me..............ha