News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need some help for my 1990 Brougham Delegance

Started by cadillacguy03, August 11, 2012, 11:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacguy03

I am in search of new weather stripping for my 1990 Brougham Delegance sedan. I am trying to find the weather stripping that wraps all the way around the door frame on all four doors. Mine is frayed and coming apart in spots and I have almost completed the restoration of this car and I am only needing a few little things. If someone has any leads or knows where I can order these from please please please let me know thanks again everyone for all the help. I greatly appreciate it. Eric

Walter Youshock

Steele Rubber has them listed.  They were the same from 1980 sedans up through 1992.  I think any large-bodied GM car used the same weatherstrip on the front doors through those years.

I have the 5 Liter Chapter director Craig Wexelblatt checking part numbers and cross references.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

cadillacguy03

Thank you very much that would be terrific to have that information. I have noticed a very close simularity with the ones on my Grandmothers 1990 Chevy Caprice Classic Brougham. Im really excited to get a lead on this weather stripping. I greatly appreciate it very much. Thank you. Keep me posted please.

Walter Youshock

Craig just sent me this:

I used the steele weatherstips on Ginger (1988 Brougham). They are sold as kits and include the plastic push-pins already in place. the weather strips themselves are correct, but the pins are the wrong size. when the kit comes, remove the ones provided, and replace them with the old push-pins from your original weather strips. there is no part number for these, so if they break, go to the junk yard. My body man was pleased with the quality of the steele parts, and said they were easy to work with and were probably better than the original.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

cadillacguy03

terrific thank you so much for your help. I found them and I ordered them and they are on there way. Thank you so much for helping me out I greatly appreciate it... Thanks again. Eric