News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 Cadillac LaSalle radiator with shutters!

Started by JohnBoy650, September 06, 2012, 11:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBoy650

1937 Cadillac LaSalle radiator with shutters. Very nice!  Shutters open and close. May need resto and not guaranteed to work. Does not include radiator shroud. Parts came off an original very nice California sedan (series 50) that had a partial restoration. $800 or best offer.  Does not include shipping.

John Bisceglie
Johnbisceglieemail addresses not permitted

Mike Simmons 938

Folks- Note the blocked off holes for the upper metal Cad hose attachemen ts. Why would they be in the front of the radiator? I have a 38 radiator where someone blocked off the hole for the Sylphon thermostat, and with the same blocked off hose parts. I couldn't figure why he did that? Now, it looks like Harrington did it.  Were there any applications (trucks? Firetrucks??) that had their shutters on the inside of the radiator? I have no experience with 38s or 37s, so I would appreciate any info.
Mike Simmons, 938

J. Bice CLC #24805

Isn't the photo showing the front?  If so I wouldn't think they are blocked off.
J. Bice CLC #24805
1937 Lasalle 5019

Mike Simmons 938

that's what I was trying ( badly I guess) to say. Why would there be any places in front for hose connections that are always in back?? My beater 38 has those blocked ports in front, and the regular hose tubes in the back. Since the thermostat hole had been blocked off (Sylphon thermostats were hard to find after the war), I assumed all the three blockages had been done by the same person, but it didn't make sense. My question-do stock 37 or 38 radiators all have those extra features next to the thermostat hole?
Mike Simmons (938)

JohnBoy650

Mike,

Here are more photos.

John