News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1927 LaSalle 5 Passenger Sedan

Started by silverline, November 15, 2012, 07:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverline

1927 LaSalle Sedan, I believe the paint work has been restored at some point as its in very good condition but the rest of the car appears to be original - it even has the original leather covers over the rear leaf springs!
The car is complete although it has an incorrect carburettor fitted, I have tried sourcing the correct one but have been unsuccessful so far. It is a beautiful can in excellent original condition especially considering its 85 years old!
The car is located in England but I am willing to find competitive shipping quotes if required. This would be a restoration project better suited to someone in the States as parts seem to be more available there than here plus too busy with a Model T project, i havent even attempted to start the LaSalle although everything is there to do so.

Please email davidjfloyd83email addresses not permitted with questions and offers.

Link to lots of pictures on photobucket below:
http://s761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/davidjfloyd/La%20Salle/

gary griffin

Nice car David. I would suggest that you get it running prior to selling and shipping to the USA. I bought a 1937 Lanchester in England and had it shipped a few years ago and shipping for an operating car was $3000 to Tacoma Washington (West Coast of USA). If it had been non operating  it would have been much more to ship and in addition to that you would probably get more offers if it were running.  Good luck on your sale.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

brian faull clc#25881

What is your asking price? Thanks, Brian. 412 952 6027.
brian faull clc#25881

silverline

Quote from: gary griffin on November 15, 2012, 10:12:06 AM
Nice car David. I would suggest that you get it running prior to selling and shipping to the USA. I bought a 1937 Lanchester in England and had it shipped a few years ago and shipping for an operating car was $3000 to Tacoma Washington (West Coast of USA). If it had been non operating  it would have been much more to ship and in addition to that you would probably get more offers if it were running.  Good luck on your sale.
Thanks for the advice, some time ago I shipped a car from England to Vancouver and it worked out at about $400 - but it was running which, like you say, makes a difference! I will try to get it started if i have time but tied up with the "Tin Lizzy"  :-\

As mentioned in the advert I am open to offers, please send them to the email address in the ad

Thanks

Steve Passmore

[quote date=1353002691]
Thanks for the advice, some time ago I shipped a car from England to Vancouver and it worked out at about $400 - but it was running
[/quote]

Wow that must have been some time ago David, I brought back a running Cadillac on RORO ferry only last Oct 2011 and the sea shipping alone was £1,000 not to mention all the other little charges they add.
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe