News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

any info on this girl?

Started by Spyder, April 19, 2014, 04:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyder

So I started disassembly today and I was hoping you guys could help me figure out what the data plate on my firewall means, here is the info;

Cadillac Motor Car Division
General Motors Corporation
Detroit Mich
Style No 39-5011
Body No 475
Trim No 30
Paint No 58
Body By Fisher

Spyder

I think the firewall shows the original color

Spyder

Thanks to Robert from PA for the help with some new parts for my girl. What a great pair of headlight buckets he sold me at a very reasonable price to help this project along!

harry s

Spyder, Trim #30 is Tan Pattern Cloth. Hopefully you can find a swatch of material that has been protected over the years to match it up with what's available from suppliers. Maybe some others with '39s with that trim code can help. Of course upholstery is down the road a bit Keep at it,   Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Spyder

So I'm making progress. Can anyone tell me what information can be gotten from my vin#. Also is this number complete. It was hard to read on the frame. Thanks. 2299910

Steve Passmore

Thats your full number. Number 9,909 from a production run of 23,027.  Numbers started at 2290001 and finished at 2313028
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Spyder

9909?  Wouldn't it be 9910

Spyder

Thank you Steve.

It was exciting to find the vin. Is there anywhere else on the car the vin # can be found?  It was a bit hard to read on the frame, so I was interested to see if there is a way to double check the numbers.

harvey b

I think there is supposed to be a number over by the battery on the top of the rail too,but don't quote me on that.I would sandblast the number you have found,do it lightly so it does not get erased,do you have a title for your car,if not now would be the time to get it inspected for the VIN,not sure about the rules where you live but have read about some nightmares of people who tried to get them and had no numbers to be found.Might save some headaches in the future. Harvey
Harvey Bowness

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hi, Since just about everything about the car in the future, is going to be of a technical nature, the next time you post, why not put the post in the Technical/Authenticity section, or better yet, just start a restoration blog for the car. I opened up the last photo, and I believe you are in better shape than we all thought three or four weeks ago when you first started out. Hopefully, you can salvage the frame and not have to worry about that. It may be till the first of the month before I see my friends...One is in the Olds club and one in the Pontiac club, and I can ask if they have friends that specialize in cars of your era. PM me with your state and maybe I can point you to some cheaper parts like seat cushions, etc. Barry
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Spyder

Barry, great idea, from this point on I will post in a restoration blog.  My first post coming soon :-)